Monday, October 11, 2010

no good horrible very bad day

I need to read this book again, as I am so sure it would make me feel better after the day I had yesterday. We all have days like this right? Like the never ending, everyone is picking on you kind of day.

 I'm trying to decide if I want to stay upset and angry or just move on? And is it as easy as just making a decision? A decision between happiness or sadness. I mean I think we all want to be happy. Happy in our marriages, happy with our children, happy in our homes, happy with who we are. What does it take to find that happiness and peace within us consistently? A decision to do so? I need help with these kinds of decisions, reasons why, physical evidence that shows me why the decision to be happy is so much better than the decision to be sad.


I found that physical evidence as I reflected back on this "no good horrible very bad day", just one bright spot that is ever so bright....the sweetest little four year old sunbeam who included me in his prayer today...."we thank Thee we could come to church and please bless sister martin". My eyes filled with tears and I tried to control my emotion as I bent down to hug him and the rest of them just like I do each Sunday, and send them on their way, knowing that they teach me more than I ever do them.

Look for that one little bright spot in your day. It may just surprise you how it fills your soul with light, joy, happiness and the ability to forgive.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the bright spot in MY day...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post to kick off the week! I absolutely A-DORED being the Sunbeam teacher. Best calling ever. Know that you are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing!! And I love you!!

    ReplyDelete