Friday, October 1, 2010

Dum Dums; my sugary savior!

Don't let their size fool you, these little guys are small yet powerful!

As I attempted to photograph my son for his 12 month pictures it only took me, my mom, and my sister about 1 minute to realize we needed back up!

I don't know if there is another mom out there who feels the way I do about photographing your own family (especially your own kids). But I would rather swim the English channel or carry a load of bricks up Mt. Everest on my back or even run a marathon (and for those of you who know me - that would be the worst cuz I do not run!) AND I AM A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER!

I think it makes my irritation that much worse! I can calm down a strangers child or make a super shy little girl crack a smile...but not my baby!

So, as we began to take his pictures this is what I got...


The crying and whining went on for, what seemed to be, FOREVER! And nothing would work, a book, a level, or even my favorite the Chicken Shake.
I was about to give up and ready to put a crying photo in his album when my mom reached over into the "good kid" candy pot and gave him a Dum Dum. Oh, the look on his face was priceless!





Such a happy boy!
You would never have thought that he was so crazy and mad about getting his picture taken.


So, I share my secret with all you other moms who need a quick fix and a miracle worker! Now that we know it works for photos I am sure we can find many other ways to get what we want in a time when it appears there is no hope.

4 comments:

  1. bribery...rewards...incentives...a mom's best friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy took the words right outta my mouth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so not above bribery...in fact it's my favorite tool:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! So cute :) I am all for the bribery.

    ReplyDelete