Friday, October 29, 2010

Mommy needs a TIME OUT!

Have you ever had one of those days where you just get so frustrated and wonder why you became a mother?!

I mean really, it was so much easier when I could do, relatively, what I wanted to do with my time and my money! Although I love my husband and my child...some days I just need to put myself in a Time Out.

Once again, I was trying to do something nice and creative while my husband did his own thing and my child played along side me. However, these good intentions came to a screeching halt when my child decided to step on my project and grab for my scissors! I don't know how many times I told him to LEAVE MY SCISSORS ALONE! I mean how many times to I have to s-p-e-l-l  i-t  o-u-t  to a one year old, jeez!!!!!

So, my anger overcame me and I had to yell for my husband to come and rescue this poor child while I locked myself in another room.

At the time I did not care how it looked or what I said to anyone cuz in my mind I was justified...but thinking back now, I am a bit ashamed at my childish behavior. But, for real, what do you expect when you hang out with a kid all day long!?!?!?!

I just wish there were a better way to put myself in time out more often. I think I would be a better Mom if I had more time outs.

2 comments:

  1. I totally get you here Char. Sometimes I'm suprised by my own reaction toward my kids, especially when it's the last straw. It's good to give ourselves a time out too. Usually we are the ones who really need it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I totally get you and I think I need daily time outs!! But there just arent' enough hours in the day for that :(

    ReplyDelete