Monday, November 1, 2010

Results...

S@HM Jill and Charlotte have given us tons of fun craft ideas, and to show that I'm paying attention I just had to post the results of my very own craftiness, thanks to them:)

 Lesson learned from the project above was that the black didn't show so well when I put a candle in it and turned the lights out. Duh. However, I helped my MIL to make a set for herself and then she went on to make several more for gifts and such! Way to pass on a good thing right?!

I also made the fun candy bracelet's that S@HM Jill posted, but I didn't get a picture. Dang it. Just know that Matt and I set up shop in our driveway with two chairs and a small table and made one for every kid on the block. They all loved it!


I love having pretty wreaths on my door and several years ago S@HM Charlotte showed me the way. I love making things with my own hands and it actually turning out;) lol I also helped my MIL make a wreath for her door and I loved it even MORE than the one I made for my door. Just goes to show that the more practice you get at making something the better you get!

For those of you who don't know, I'm not real crafty. I get anxiety trying to be creative. Although, I'm a quick and eager learner for such things I just don't have the "knack", so grateful for the women around me who do, and who share their talents! Thank you.

Try something new this week. Taking a new way to the store, or trying on something you may have never worn before, or tasting a new food. Don't allow yourself to be defined by the things you believe you aren't. If you aren't crafty, be crafty. If you aren't funny, try being funny. If you aren't a runner, run around the block! Just to prove that you can be, and do whatever you choose. Have fun and share with us what new thing you are going to try this week!

3 comments:

  1. ok, you've gone and done it...you've inspired me! i have a list a mile long of all the things i "am not"...and i think i'll start to tackle that list this week :) thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you GO GIRL!! how proud am i of you?!?!?! let me count the ways!!!! =) WAY TO GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete