Thursday, November 18, 2010

Glove Turkey

How cute is this? Just in time for Thanksgiving, here is a cute little turkey idea.

You will need:
Pair of gloves (whatever color you want)
Ribbon
Googly eyes
Yellow felt
Red rick rack
Glue dots (I attached everything with glue dots so whoever gets this cute turkey can use the gloves if they want to!)
Take the gloves and stuff one inside of the other. Stuff the thumb with the other gloves thumb. This picture is the thumb. I am not flipping you off :) Just stuff the rest of the glove inside leaving the rest of the fingers unstuffed.

Fold the bottom of the glove up inside so the turkey will stand.

Take a piece of ribbon and tie it around the four unstuffed fingers.

Take a couple glue dots and attach an eye on each side of the thumb.

Cut a piece of yellow felt for the beak. I cute a diamond shape and folded it in half so it had a top and bottom. Attach with blue dot.
Cut a little piece of red rick rack and attach with a glue dot just below the beak.

Here are my 3 little turkeys that will be going visiting teaching with me this month.

7 comments:

  1. ok, jill, this might be my most favorite thing yet! so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!! With my whole heart!!
    I know what my son's teachers will be getting next week!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so so cute!!! i'll be on the lookout for cute gloves to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why stuff one glove inside the other? You could make 2 turkeys instead of one if you stuffed it with fiberfill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used one glove and it worked fine.

      Delete
  5. Where can you find gloves similar to these? All I can find are bright colored ones.

    ReplyDelete