Thursday, November 11, 2010

Glitter Trees

Let me start by saying that I love glitter. I love the sparkle of it and it is so fun to use. I found this idea out there in blogland. I can't find the exact site or I would give them credit. And for those of you that think it is too early for Christmas, NO WAY! My tree is already up :)


First you will need:
Foam Trees Various Sizes (Found at Walmart or Craft Store)
Candlestick Holders (I wanted different ones so I got some at the DI and some at Dollar Tree)
Decoupage (Walmart or any Craft Store)
White Spray Paint (Walmart)
Glitter (I got a pack of silver, green and red at the Dollar Tree)
Glue (I used super glue)


First Take your Candlestick Holders and take them somewhere to paint. Spray with the white Spray Paint. Use some strokes and stray far away because the paint will run on the glass.



Next take your foam tree and cover with decoupage. Make sure and get it in all of the pores or you will have white showing through when you are done. (I did the top half first and then came back and did the bottom so you have something to hold onto.)


Then sprinkle with glitter. LOTS AND LOTS OF GLITTER!!!!!!!! (Found if you do this in the sink it makes for much easier clean up :) I also mixed the glitter for some. I did a green and silver mixed and a red, green and silver mixed)


Let your paint dry, your tree dry, and then super glue the tree to the candlestick. Whala! How Cute! LOVE LOVE LOVE Them!

2 comments:

  1. i love them too!! awesome, jill :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love'em! but you need to take that tree down...it's breaking all kind of rules putting it up this early! :)

    ReplyDelete