Wednesday, October 20, 2010

things i wish i'd known sooner...

having all my kids potty-trained doesn't mean i will save $$ on diapers...it means the diaper budget transfers to the toilet paper budget to account for the flushing of half a roll at a time.

white towels. all white towels. only white towels. bleach is rad.

give the baby wrapping paper and an empty box for the first christmas. and the first birthday. it really is all they care about. start saving now for the things they'll ask for in about 6 or 7 years.

stick with pbs shows. no cable, don't even go there.

paying someone who knows what they are doing to cut the kids' hair is always worth it. trying to do it myself is never worth it.

fruit snacks are overrated. worthless snacks, those things.

never let a child in your bed. not even once. one time turns into every night for the next 4 years. it's true.

unless you plan on making the elementary school your second home, be very stingy with the boxes you check at parent orientation...

scissors and sharpies just need to not exist in a home with children under age 6. there is no shelf high enough, no box locked enough, no hiding place good enough...complete destruction surely awaits...

kids eavesdrop. i thought it was only grown-ups, but as it turns out...those little buggers listen (and understand) (and repeat). yes, they do.

be flexible. in every sense of the word!

and also...everything looks better in RED

3 comments:

  1. OH I am so so so with you on the PBS station thing! Ugh I wish I would have never introduced another channel to the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would venture to say everything looks better in BLUE at our house....:) I admit the thought crossed my mind to put out the cheap TP for your kiddos this weekend as I know they love to play in it. There. Confession voiced. All we have are white towels and I LOOOOOVE it! And Bryce and I were just saying how happy we are that we won't have to buy the baby Christmas presents this year because he won't know the difference, and yet we get the tax break. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the truth!!
    So hilarious!! So very true!!!
    And, I should probably invest in someone else cutting hair besides me!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete