Wednesday, October 27, 2010

the love of a woman

i think i know more amazing women than anyone else in the world. it's true. don't even try to compete, i have you...hands down! i would love to do a personal post for each of them, they are that incredible!

i come from a long line of spectacular ladies...and that's just the ones i have known in my lifetime! the best examples have been right at my fingertips my whole life...

the 2 best grandmothers to ever exist on the planet. ever.

aunts that feel more like big sisters and second moms.

cousins that most definitely expand my sister-circle...so many!

childhood friends that bring happy memories. high school girlfriends that are still in my life (love that!). college friends and roommates that are forever bonded to me--true sisterhood! friends that have come into my life as an adult, yet i feel like we have known each other since the beginning of time.

my sisters. oh, this could be a post of it's own! i love my sisters.

my sisters in-law...how i love these women...

my mother in-law...so good, so kind.

mothers of my friends who have been mothers to me. special.

young women leaders from church...they were adults who loved me as a teenager...hats off, for sure!

and my own mother...she taught me everything i know. well, all the good things anyway. and a bunch of stuff that i can't remember, but hope to someday...

mom's been gone for more than 9 years. she was an exceptional woman, the cream of the crop. really. i miss her, of course. more than i can even put into words. sometimes i feel cheated.

but then i think of each of these other women in my life, and i know i can't complain. the lord has filled my life with grand women to be all the things my mom would be if she were here. although no one can ever take her place, i have been more than compensated with women who love me and encourage and support me.

do me a favor? hug your mom. you are lucky to have her.

and then hug and love all the other amazing women in your life!

4 comments:

  1. This is me hugging you ooooooooooooooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this! I really don't appreciate mine enough after reading this. Love you! Thanks for the post and reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always- love it! And you! I agree, I could go on for pages and pages about the amazing women in my life. Mom loved this time of year. How fitting that her birthday was during the fall:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sisters love you too :)
    Thanks for this post, sis. I think about this often, too, and you are no small part of the compensation in my life. I am sure of that.
    Love and hugs,
    Mari

    ReplyDelete