Friday, October 15, 2010

Crafting...totally worth it!

I have recently gotten into crafty things. I am sure that some people who look in on my life may think that I am naturally crafty...but the truth is, I am not! ha.
Anyway, since I have been home with my son, and now that he has just turned 1, the newness of the "baby" has worn off and I am able to have more personal time (aka: 2 hour naps twice a day or go to friends house and let him play with their kid). And so I have the urge to become that "stay at home mom" like the one from Blast From the Past. Well, I dont know if I will ever be as good as her, but I will try!

So, here are a few things I have been working on:


No Sew Scarfs...really easy and fast!
click on the "Crafts" tab to find info on how to make










Trick or Treat bags
I made the smaller one for my little 1 year old.
Got the instructions on line for free at Quilting and More (link below)
http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/magazines/quiltsandmore/color-options-fall10_ss3.html
I just changed the dimensions of the bags to get the size I wanted.
(PS they have many other cute bag patterns for FREE)


A Christmas Stocking for my son...
not perfect but it was my first one.










and a onesie for my son's 1st Birthday!
I did not make the onezie but I did design the print. :)
this is the front...(our theme was pumpkins)
it says "Birthday Boy"







and this is the back
with the number 1 on the butt.

I am also making myself simple long skirts and finding more easy bag patterns to play with. Even though these crafting skills have served me well for my family and become very useful, mostly I have enjoyed being able to create something beautiful from practically nothing. And that makes me feel good!

So, as you attempt to become more crafty...cuz lets face it, we all wish we were more crafty and attempt to be that "perfect mom" at least once in our lifetime, just remember that you should work with projects that dont break the bank and dont cause you to rip out all your hair. And dont sweat it. There are plenty of ideas out there that are easy, cheep and fun!

I wish you luck! :)

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way! I love to craft but don't have the natural talent for it. People think I do because I can copy other people's ideas and patterns. But I've learned if you enjoy something and want to be better at it that's half your battle right there. I have a craft blog, you should check it out. mythriftytreasures.blogspot.com

    And that Onesie is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your going to teach me to be crafty.....
    and I will knit you stuff in return!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete