Monday, February 7, 2011

Hair extensions, snow days and the twilight zone...

I keep catching myself in this weird funk. I don't know what it is but it feels kind of like a twilight zone. Like I've been here before but I haven't,  and I'm not really sure what is going on around me. It frequently hits me when I hear my kids calling "MOM", "mom", "mommy", "mother". There are times I don't respond because I don't realize they are calling for me! I think "Am I the mom?" It scares me, but at the same time it surprises me and excites me. It freaks me out but it also brings me back to "earth". You would think by now this name would be so natural and easy to respond to. Maybe it's just a phase. Do you ever forget that YOU are "the mom"?

Speaking of "twilight zone" and hair extensions...I got my husband to do this: (i think he liked it)


Isn't he adorable?!

Snow days. Need I say more? Boo! Don't give me the "I love spending time with my kids" crap. I mean really? I love spending time with my kids too, but I'd much rather them be in school learning and growing their brains! This is what our snow days look like...

wake up, eat, play wii, watch a movie, play wii, eat, play with toys, play wii, eat, play wii =MUSH!

2 comments:

  1. I dont think my family loves ME that much to WANT to spend hours and hours with me....I like snow days for the adult attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forget I am the Mom sometimes, although I have only been one for 3 months. When Amy was here helping me when P was first born, I kept calling her his Mom. I'd go to hand him to her and say "Now go see your Mommy..." Cuz she always had been the Mom to any babies in our family! And it was just so surreal that this little person was my child.

    ReplyDelete