Tuesday, February 15, 2011

How do you know that Heavenly Father loves you?

I want to share this little story with all of you!
It's absolutely precious and dear to my heart and to my family...

My father is a convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!
He is a wonderful man and I'm grateful to call him Dad!
Not too long ago my mother decided to look up one of the Elders that baptized my dad...
After a little FB searching she found him!  We will name him, for the sake of his privacy, "Dad's Angel"...

Well, Dad's Angel wanted to know how the family was doing...
So my mom wrote him a brief (however brief you can make your life story with 7 kids and 2 grandbabies) letter on our lives...She mentioned that my brother was serving his mission in the San Bernardino, California Mission...

That's all it took!
Dad's Angel called mom right away!
Dad's Angel lives in that exact mission!
Dad's Angel also found out that his wife's brother's mother-in-law was actually in the Ward that my sweet brother is serving in!!  How cool is that?!
Apparently she loves my sweet brother, it's not hard to do, and was saying how he is such a hardworker and great speaker! 
So, Dad's Angel got the missionary's number...
He called...
And my sweet brother answers the phone!
At first he didn't believe Dad's Angel...he thought he was being pranked...
Then he soon realized that he was talking to the man that baptized his father!
He was talking to the man that was righteous enough to be an instrument in the Lord's hand to help my father feel the Spirit to know the truthfullness of the Gospel.
Dad's Angel actually ended up to be our family's angel! 

To Dad's Angel (and his mission companion):
I'm so grateful to you...
For the choice you made to serve a mission for the Lord...
For the desire you had to be a good missionary and to obey rules on your mission...
Do you know that my father went on to hold many callings in the Church?
That my father raised 7 children with strong testimonies?
That my father had the desire to change his health and therefore being with us longer in this life?
Do you know that my father was so excited to take his eternal companion to the Temple to be sealed for time and eternity?
Do you know that my father being baptized has directly affected the lives of my children?
Do you know the many lives you brought to the waters of baptism when you took my father there?
Do you know that I love you?
Thank you...

I believe that the Lord knew that my sweet brother would be serving a mission in the same area where Dad's Angel happens to be living...long before Dad knew he would be baptized...
I am humbled to know that the Lord truly does micro-manage our lives for our benefit when we do what's right...
I am so grateful that He is aware of our family and this little connection across the country is a small way to show us He loves us and looks out for us!

Till next week...

5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet story. Thank you for sharing that with us. It totally reminds me of the conversation I had with the Lord today on my way to work!
    Please tell me some one else out there talks to him out loud as if he was in the seat next to you! LOL
    Thank goodness for technology, people driving next to me just thing I'm talking on a blue tooth or something like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have goosebumps. What a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got me all choked up and crying! But I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mahina, I do the EXACT same thing!!
    Glad you liked it Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jazzy for your sweet and kind words...only "Angels" could write like that.May Father continue His tender blessings upon all of you..I'm so humbled to have had such an incredible outcome manifest the way only Father would have it. I love you too, if earthly reunions feel this good I can't imagine what they would feel like beyond the veil.Your entire family has a special place in my heart...Can you pass me a tissue. Love, your family angel.

    ReplyDelete