Friday, February 11, 2011

How to Please your MAN on Valentine's Day!

Like many men, my husband is difficult in the gift department. I know a lot of things that he likes and would enjoy, but there are only so many occations that are good to get a video game.

So, as I did a bit of searching I found some great ideas on the Martha Stewart website. I also got a great idea from her magazine (Martha Stewart Living- February 2011 issue).

Here is how I added some of my touches to it...feel free to seal the idea and mark it as your own as you customize the look and products.

10 Things I Love About You Envelopes


You simply start with 10 envelopes of the same size (dont have to be the same color) open up the flap and glew it to the bottom (outside so opening to envelopes are all on one side). Continue this process untill you complete your line of 10, leaving the top envelopes flap alone.

Martha used red envelopes and put white pieces of paper in each envelope with a note or gift. I chose to use white so that I could decorate the actual envelope. (as you can see in the picture I have not finished the decorating process...but I did have my son draw on one with an outline of his hand for me to put about him being a great Father, ahhh♥.

A few things I chose to put in some of the envelope are: $10, some Movie Passes, Chipotle gift card, and some chocolate candies. These are some of my husbands favorite things...just think of your MAN and stick some things in that he would like. (PS: you dont have to actually buy anything to put in it either...this could also just have slips of paper in it that tell him things you love about him, like a homemade card). I will be hanging this up on our bedroom door when I go to bed on the 13th so that he sees it when he gets up on VDay!

May LOVE Inspire you,
May your HEART guide you,
And may you HOLD your loved ones close
This Valentines Day! ♥

1 comment: