Monday, February 28, 2011

Before kids...

So I've been thinking... what DID I do before THEM (my children)?! I'm stumped I really don't know, but I DO know what I didn't do before I had kids.

Uh one thing is FOR SURE I did not wipe butts! No way, no how! Not even for the cutest of my nieces or nephews!

I didn't allot "extra" time in my day just for meltdowns. Although I probably should have!

I didn't have a membership to every child entertainment facility in town. you know...the zoo, discovery center, wonders of wildlife, jump mania, pool etc...

I didn't fret over holding hands in parking lots or freak out when I saw a speeding car.

I didn't think that I would ever allow the t.v. to babysit "my kids". Turns out, it's my favorite form of distraction for...my kids.

I didn't value my sleep, or my "alone" time, or the sound of complete stillness.

I didn't look at other women as soldiers of the same army.

I didn't know how love multiplied.

I didn't have little faces to remind me of the goodness of this life.

I didn't cry as much OR laugh as much!



I'm so grateful I no longer have a life "before kids"!

3 comments:

  1. how cute are they?! love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true how kids put you in this whole other world...I never thought about most of the micro things I think about now that make my life easier since having a kid. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something only a mother can understand. I think about what I did before my baby and although I didn't think so then, I kind of lived a selfish life. Kids are such a gift

    ReplyDelete