Wednesday, February 23, 2011

let it go...

i am kind of a grudge-holder. not my best quality, and i'm not even a little bit proud of it. but i have worked on it pretty intensely over the last few years and wouldn't you know...i'm getting much better at letting it go.

as i have navigated this world of a stay-at-home-mom, it has become increasingly clear to me that "letting it go" emotionally is a lot harder than "letting it go" physically...i can hold a grudge with ease, but holding in my tummy is a bit more challenging. don't you agree?!

don't we all know a mom who has "let herself go" when the babies started coming? maybe we are that mom? i'm no fashionista, my husband and friends and children will attest to that :) but being home and doing laundry and reading stories and shampooing carpets is hardly an excuse to dress in gym clothes and live sans makeup all day. dress for the job, for sure...but do it with some makeup on, k?

it's the basics, the things we insist our children do before they go to school (or anywhere in public)...brush your teeth, wear deodorant, do your hair, wear clean clothes, wax your facial hair (really)...put on an unstained shirt and some earrings.

so join me! let's let it go and hold it in, all at once!

2 comments:

  1. I must say this is one of my faves! You could have gone on for days! Truth about the make up, clothes and facial hair or hair period! Tweeze, wax and shave women! I can say this b/c I'm a hairy girl...don't be afraid of the wax, it's your friend;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For real! There are just some basics about personal hygiene that should never be ignored. I have to say that I'm not really worried about "letting myself go" that much because I see that you can be a successful mom and still look great. Exhibit A: You :)

    ReplyDelete