Thursday, December 2, 2010

Advent Calendars

Okay so I know that yesterday was the 1st but you can start a little late if you want to add a little fun to your kids or your honeys holiday season. Here are a couple of ideas.

The first one I bought this scrapbook paper at the store and thought I would come up with something to use it on. Well then I saw this super cute idea on Studio Five.

You start with a mini muffin pan. One with 24 cups.

The paper I found had the numbers already all cute and in circles so I just puched them out with the scalloped punch. You could make your own by print numbers, using vinyl or stickers.
I then used my cricuit to cut 2 1/2 inch circles to go behind the number. Again you could use a punch or trace them and cut them out. The I took magnent strips and put them on the back and wa-la there is your advent calendar.


You could fill each day with candy or I already have another advent calendar for that, so I chose to put activites instead. Some examples: read a Christmas Story, Make snowflakes, watch a Christmas Movie, look at Christmas lights, make a Christmas treat, think about Jesus today....you get the idea.


Okay the next one I got the idea from this link http://thedahlingdatingdivas.blogspot.com/2010/11/spouse-christmas-countdown.html Such a super cute idea. Sometimes I think our hubbies are left out this time of year. So I did my own version (not quite as fancy as hers but I got it done in 1 afternoon). I used the same idea. Some days I wrote things I love about him, some days I did candy sayings with the treat, and some days I did an activity that we can do together. He was so excited when he saw it and I think it will be lots of fun. Oh and I hung it in the window in our bedroom so the boys would leave it alone.

Okay and the last fun thing we are doing this year is this cute Elf on the Shelf. If you haven't heard of it you should check it out. You can get at Barnes and Noble or other bookstores. You have this elf that the kids name and every night he goes back to the North Pole and reports on the kids and every morning he returns and hides in a new spot. It is like Christmas morning everyday. Super Duper Fun!!


3 comments: