Wednesday, September 1, 2010

When will I get the Upgrade?!

I have been thinking about the direction of my life and what I have chosen to spend my days doing. Within my personal dialog I found out something about myself that I think I am afraid or ashamed to admit.

First of all, when I daze out into the "Wonderland" of my mind and think of what my life would be like if I had all that I wanted, I realized that I would just go around doing things to add enjoyment and to better myself and others...for FREE or for the EXCHANGE OF GOODS.
Now, what is wrong with that? Well, there is one major design flaw in that dream reality. I will have no place to live, very little food and not equipped with items needed to perform said acts.

So, that takes me to my next thought — I do not wish that I had unlimited money, I just wish I could live in an upgraded society that uses my talents to their fullest.
For example: I got assigned a duty at church to help out with the Primary children on Sundays and help to organize their activities. Now, just because I have a child and ovaries it has been assumed that I like children and am good with fulfilling such a task. When in fact I am not that talented in sitting around and telling other people's children to behave...nor do I enjoy it.  I just want to do things that make me happy and allow me to become more accomplished and find ways to share those talents with others.
But I have been told time and time again by society, religion, government and the work place that I MUST do things that I HATE because, well, just because everyone else has to do it too!

So, when will we get the upgrade in lifes' and who determines when that will happen?
Sometimes I feel like I am living in the alternate universe where I have been made to do so much more than just "put up with life" but that is all I am allowed to do.

Those are the days that I want to click my heals together and say "There is No Place Like Home"!



1 comment:

  1. No upgrade for you! No bread for you...either:) Ok so the "child and ovaries" comment had me rollin. Soap box time: Only YOU can prevent forest fires! Get out there and do what Char wants to do, and allow the Lord to use you in the way he needs to. Before you know it the two will come together:)

    ReplyDelete