Wednesday, September 8, 2010

silly letter

dear silly bandz,

sigh. i just don't even know where to begin...you have completely taken over my house, my children, and my life. i might be able to overlook that fact if you smelled like pumpkin pie or brought me a target gift card. but alas, you have wooed me not.

usually, i have become kindred spirits with toys/characters/objects that bring joy and delight to m
y offspring. you make them happy, you have my loyalty. pretty fair give and take, don't you think? dinosaurs, barbies, my little ponies, spiderman, thomas the train, all things princess, littlest pet shop, pokemon (even), dora, dress-up, and bugs. they have all won my affection.

but you...you elude me. i think it might be because i don't trust you. what are your motives? you are kinda like the punk kid that i'd like to tell my kids they can't play with. ya g
otta throw me a bone, here! silly bandz...i mean, you don't even spell your name right. (spell check keeps underlining you) you don't seem to be comfortable in your own skin, since you can only exist in groups of 20 or more. as i watch your numbers grow right up the arms of my little girls, i wonder...

perhaps the makers of silly bandz should include a pumpkin pie for mom...you know, a sort of "gift with purchase"...my affection can be bought, you know.

2 comments:

  1. those things are crazy! I see tons of kids wearing those things and I just asked one boy what they were all about. Funny the things that kids get addicted to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY HECK I can't stop laughing!!!!! You are SO hilarious! we gotta do something about this!

    ReplyDelete