Saturday, September 11, 2010

Things Planned...and those Plans Changed


I found a wonderful FREE family activity to do this weekend! For those of you who live near Topeka,KS there is a community activity called Huff n Puff. It is a private Hot Air Balloon group that gets together and launches several balloons all at once out at Lake Shawnee. I hear that it is very beautiful and it has been happening for 35 years, yet, I have never gone. And so, I decided to take my 10mo old son to go and see them last night.
I was very excited to ride on a tethered balloon ride (for a $5 donation that benefits the Ronald McDonald House). However, my son had other plans. He is cutting more teeth and ended up getting a fever and only wanted to lay on Mom's chest and try to sleep it away. So,......that is what we did.
But, I was able to get some time to finish putting up the decorations in his bedroom. As I thought about it, if we had not done it already, one of the decorations would be a great "stay at home" family activity!

pictured are all the letters in the alphabet
(just mixed up to make it more challenging and interesting)

As a family, we all got together one day and picked a few letters and painted them the way we wanted. It was a lot of fun and gave each of us the chance to be creative. We purchased all different sizes and shapes of letters (most of them found on clearance) from places like Wal-Mart and Hobby Lobby. Then we got acrylic paint and sponge brushes.

this letter has the hand prints and foot prints of my little guy. we put his name and date they were done as a personal touch since the letters would be hanging in his room.


this is the finished project
(crying baby not included)


I had lots of fun putting them up and he has lots of fun looking at all the fun letters. I can wait to see how he learns the alphabet! :)

1 comment:

  1. This is so stinken adorable...even something crafty I think I could manage:) Good job!

    ReplyDelete