Friday, September 10, 2010

So Demanding

Too little sleep and too many demands! That's what I face most days. Natalie wakes us up every morning yelling Maaaaa, Maaaaa, Maaaaa or Daaaaa, Daaaa, Daaaa or even Brooooaaa (Brother) until someone gets her out of her crib. It started out kind of cute, and some days it still is. But today it started me out grouchy. Then come more demands or complaints; "where's my bag," "where's my breakfast," "clothes," "I don't want that in my lunch." Crying- "I can't get my shoes on," Blah, blah, blah, etc., etc., etc. And how dare I turn off the TV to get ready for school. That's the fight with my first grader everyday.
As crazy as this makes me each day I wouldn't trade them or my role as Mom for anything. For example, everyday when we get to the school and Jacob steps out of the car he turns back to wave goodbye and smiles. The feeling in my heart is one of love and pride. Also a longing to keep him my little innocent boy. But knowing he's going up right in front of me. The fight of the morning is forgotten (utill the next morning anyway). As for my almost two year old. She says "thank you" every morning for getting her out of bed and for breakfast and for most things she demands. It's hard to stay mad with those cute little faces stairing back at you.
So I can continue to be Mom. With all the tears and fights. The loves and hugs and joys of motherhood make it all worth it.

2 comments:

  1. so true :) funny how 2 seconds of sweetness can always more than compensate for 13 hours of whining and exhaustion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes yes the demands of a two year old ARE exhausting. I just always have to remember how demanding I am...and I'm 29:)that makes me feel a little better.haha

    ReplyDelete