Monday, March 14, 2011

something to think about

i know my post is SUPER late today...but you should forgive me because i was busy packing and driving my children to meet their grandparents, who met us halfway, so that they could spend their spring break with them! that's right i have a full 3 maybe 4 days (depending on how it goes) all to myself!!! can you believe it? so awesome! so what in the world should i do with my time off?

as i drove the opposite direction that my children were going i wanted to be elated, joyous and thrilled. however, a sadness came over me. like a panic. "what am i doing" i thought, and then i started to cry and i started playing the "what if" game. you know that game right? it's the game all mothers everywhere play ALL the time!

what if they get in an accident?

what if someone hurts them?

what if they forget to brush their teeth?

what if belle's hair is a mess the whole time?

what if matt and i die while they are in someone else's care?

STOP!!!

what if matt and i die?!?! what if matt and i die? who will take care of my babies?

i panic and cry some more and realize we have got to make a will like yesterday!

so in my emotional state i call my sister in law. i try to remain calm and speak casually and then it all came out and i asked her for a huge favor and i told her i would be ETERNALLY grateful to her and then i cried as i asked her...

"melissa, if matt and i die in like some freak accident, will you take care of my children and love them and teach them everything i want them to know and hold them and make them go to college?"

she said she would be honored...and i know she would be.

now on to making plans for that will! AND on to living up the next 3 days!

1 comment:

  1. I go through the what ifs all too often, especially with my husband's line of work (Air Force pilot). I sat down, mentally came up with my back up plan, and then try to never revisit the what ifs again, which is easier said than done, otherwise I'll go crazy, fast!

    ReplyDelete