Saturday, January 1, 2011

I realized something...New Year Resolutions are ALWAYS made up of either... Health (any kind...exercise, spiritual, mental, relationships.. etc..) or WEALTH (savings, paying debt off, planning..etc..)! Amazing!

Don't you find that to be fascinating too? We all want to be better and have another chance at something and a reason to start over. It's not every day EVERYONE around you is "ok" with putting the past YEAR behind you and wiping the slate clean! So exciting!

I can be a BETTER mommy this year! (health)

I won't shop as much and I will give myself more pedicures! (wealth)

I will drink lots and lots of water! ( health)

My husband will now be the bill payer...give him a stab at making the best of things! ( wealth)

I could go on and on of the the new person I want to be.... ( i like dots.... have you noticed?)...

 AND then...

I have a BIGGER thought and I talk to myself "well Sunny, you know that through the miracle of forgiveness and the atonement of Jesus Christ you can ALWAYS begin anew". I can always become better EVEN in the middle of JULY! What?! It's true.

Matt and my new motto is "do your best, and forget the rest" (we stole that from the p90x workouts;) but it works...the saying works for us! In ALL areas of our life, if we are doing our best, we CAN forget the rest, AND through the Lord, you will gain all that you need.

So in February when all the excitement of Christmas and the New Year have passed, and you have broken EVERY resolution you made...don't throw your arms in the air and walk away and wait for 2012!...Keep at it!

1 comment:

  1. best new year's motivation i ever read!!! love it!!!

    ReplyDelete