Monday, July 19, 2010

They're EVERYWHERE...

Beautiful, long amazingly hot eyelashes! Today I couldn't help myself. As I pushed my three kids in the cart at the local walmart store I came across, ok really I was purposefully looking for, some eyelashes. I bought a few other things to make it look like I didn't just come for these, but the cold hard truth is I couldn't wait to get home, put the kids down for a nap and five minutes later have the lashes of my dreams! The directions to put lashes on are way too complicated and so I tried to improvise. I didn't use the applicator or wait the allotted time to let the glue get "tacky" and I couldn't wait the 3-5min (each eye) to let the glue dry. Five minutes quickly turned into 15min and then to 30min. I climbed up on the sink to get a closer look at what I was doing. Glue was all over my eyelids but none of it was actually in the spot it should be (close to your natural lash roots) and I began to get worked up. I just wanted lashes dang it! I took a tooth pick and applied adhesive directly to my eyelid ignoring the caution note on the package that says " caution: do not apply glue directly to eyelid".  Finally.....! I got them in a workable spot. By workable I mean I could apply enough liner that you wouldn't be able to see the lash line of the fake lashes. If you look close enough you can  still see the white adhesive. It didn't dry clear like it claimed it would do. How do these fabulous lashes look? Not too bad for the first time! I've been inspired by these lashes! Not only do I want to do it again and become the eye lash queen! It made me wonder if other moms get curious and try new things just because?

 

2 comments:

  1. i think they look sexy!! well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're totally sexy! Nicely written too! I will try to post soon. Maybe my curiosity will get the best of me while I try to make my way through the farmers market tomorrow! -Mandy

    ReplyDelete