Tuesday, July 20, 2010

1, 2, 3 Balloon, 4 Balloon, POP!

I find it difficult to entertain my youngins all day!!  I mean, I have to find ways to make them smile from the time I wake up to that hot morning breath in my face sayin, "Mommy, I need cereal"...to the time they smell like Baby Magic and are falling fast asleep...I'm constantly on my toes to please their every cry and plead for laughter and happiness!  It's hard work to be hilarious to a 5 year old and a 3 year old!!  *Just for the record, it's much easier to make them happy than my 37 year old!*

So while we were at Michael's today with my mom we found balloons!!  Not just any balloons, either!  FUN, TWISTY BALLOONS!!  The ones that you can make into animals or swords!!  I'm not quite sure who had the most fun...the kids or me?!  Who would have thought I would have LOVED these darn things?!  I NEVER let pointless objects into my house!  I'm a clean freak!  I don't see the need in balloons...whenever we go to a party my kids always cry because they don't get to have balloons to take home like the other children! 

So in between cleaning my toilet for about the 9th time today (I'm a crazy clean freak) and making bows I started twisting balloons into pretty neat shapes!!  I'm not gonna lie...I popped quite a few in the beginning while trying to get used to blowing them up!  However, the throbbing only lasted a few seconds and I was able to hold most of my tears back!!  As time went on I started to become a pro!!  We made:

- Swords
- Flowers
- Turtles
- Hats (not on purpose...hats were products of experiments gone wrong!  If I didn't know what it was, it automatically turned into a hat!  We have more hats than anything else!)

- Swans
- Doggies
- Dinosaurs

YES! It even floated!
- Giraffes
- Necklaces (because it's as easy as twisting the ends together!)
- Snakes (all I did was blow up the balloon and say, "Look kids!  A snake!"...These were the least favorite out of everything!)



We have TONS of balloon pieces in the trash, but it was totally worth it!! 

BALLOON KIT : $2.00 each
The candy that you buy while standing in line to get the balloon kit: $2.00
The other fun useless items you buy at Michael's just because : $20.00
The fun we had and the superior joy I felt because I was now doing what only cool clowns at birthday parties do : PRICELESS!!!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously how are you so able to create things???!! Amazing! I pay an easy 5 bucks to a balloon guy at a carnival for things that look not even close to all that you've made today! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sooooo buying one those kits! :)

    ReplyDelete