Thursday, July 22, 2010

When it rains...

Last night I went to bed cranky and hot. This morning I woke up cranky and hot. Not a good combination when you have your AC go out, a leak from your bathtub and feel like caca because your "monthly friend" is in for what seems to be a long stay! It made me want to go sleep in the car!


With much luck both of the repair men...(and might I say these were no ordinary plumbers! They were late 20s, buff, attractive, and very sweet. A stay at home moms DREAM fix it guy)...anyway, they both came early this morning to fix our issues. And let me just say it lead me to two resolves: #1- Why isn't my husband more like them?!  and  #2- I think I love them both!


So, to celebrate my husband and I packed up our 9mo old boy and went out to eat for lunch. You know, cuz we have to wait for the house to cool down and I am NOT cooking lunch in a HOT house. ARE YOU CRAZY?!

A few hours later.....I had a moment. You know those amazing, aww inspiring, Ah Ha moments. Where you feel like someone just turned a light on and you are amazed at how much you can see!

(yea, like that)

Well, my moment might not seem that big of a deal to many but it was something I surely needed. I realized that life here is relatively short. And we have complete control over how we are going to experience it. There are many people who think that everything they have in life is portioned out to them and I don't think that is true. I think if I really wanted to be rich and famous then I would be. If I really wanted to be super poor and live off the state for the rest of my life, I would. But those things aren't even that important. The important part is regardless of who I was or what I had the overall feeling of my life will come down to this: was I happy, content, peaceful and joyous or was I sad, angry, annoyed and frustrated.

(my sister stole my friends, on my b-day)      
(my bro and I had chicken pox)


   

So, we choose our fate. And I think that even with no AC, a dripping water pipe, mega cramps and very little sleep...I think today has still been a good day. And I will look for a way to laugh and smile everyday.

                                                                                          

1 comment: