Tuesday, November 29, 2011

the legend of sleepy hollow

i've heard this day was coming...ever since that february morning in 2000, when the ultrasound tech said "it's a boy!"...people told me, prepared me, warned me.

the part they all left out was that it literally happens overnight. or overday. i sent my 11 year-old son off to school with a mid-morning snack and a sensible lunch. he returned home, famished and near to death, and proceeded to eat me out of house and home.

this is not a joke. the eating!!!! hollow legs are real, i have a testimony of that.

and just when i thought i could count on my firstborn to manage the saturday morning cereal extravaganza--while i got a few more zzz's--he started...sleeping in?! since when did a child of mine appreciate snoozing past sunrise?

it's going to happen to you one day, ya know. the legend of sleepy hollow...

1 comment:

  1. I think I would like either one of those right now, since Jacob likes to wake before the sunrise and neither one of my kids are good eaters. I type this as I am watching them not eat their lunch :) Good luck trying to catch some zzzz's and trying to afford the new grocery bill :)

    ReplyDelete