Friday, November 4, 2011

days like this...

I had a one track mind this morning. It was simply to get my kids to school "on time". However, we all woke up at 7:30...school starts at 8:00! Ugggh, seriously we sometimes forget that an alarm clock is useful. As I lifted my head off the pillow, looked over and read the time I thought "here we go again, annoying".

To my delight Matthew was laying next to my bed on the floor fully dressed, ready to go. I walked out of my room to wake Kenny up and he too was dressed with just his hair to wet down. Thank goodness. My anxiety to get them to school on time in part comes from me just naturally wanting to be responsible,and in part because we have been receiving notes in the kids' backpacks.

The school has been sending home reminders of:
 "what time school starts" and
 "you will be considered tardy if..." and
 "if you are having trouble getting your children to school, we recommend letting them ride the bus".

Hopefully, these notes haven't been sent to JUST the Martins.

I got the kids in the car. Pulled up to the drop off lane and bent over to tie Matthews shoe (he's still learning), lifted my head up and the nice lady whom my husband swears is "overly" nice to him, was waving at me. I waved back. I scooted a little further up, the boys popped outta the car and the school principle was there to greet my boys good morning as they started up the steps. She slso waved at me,
smiled and then...there was this awkward look she gave me, kind of a look of confusion. As I drove away, I registered very quickly why she looked at me funny. I tilted my rear view mirror down to take a peak...and this is what I saw:

I mean only worse b/c on my way home I patted my hair down a little to make myself feel better...this was taken by Matt as I walked through the door after drop off. He too looked at me funny and then asked "did you wear a hat or anything? did anyone see you?" I couldn't help but laugh! My goal was to get the kids to school on time, and that didn't involve me getting "ready" in the least bit.

Well, here's to being a mommy!
Embarrassing,
                              crazy,
                                             hilarious,
                                                                frustrating,
                                                                                        joyful moments and all.

1 comment: