Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Happy Family : What I REALLY Want for Christmas

How many times have you thought...."I should smile more."  OR 
"Uh, my kids never do anything right!"
OR EVEN  "Why is everyone driving me crazy?!" (that's my favorite).

Well, I hear myself saying many things like this (and lots of others) in my mind practically every day. As I thought about what I wanted for Christmas this year, I thought about some cool things (that we can't afford...) and some much needed pampering (that I wont get...) and a list of things I would like my family (husband) to do for me (that will never happen...). Then I realized that ultimately, I just want to be happy and feel not so overwhelmed or irritated at those around me.

So, as I sat waiting for my prenatal visit I found a short article talking about being your child's cheerleader. I found it to be refreshing, wonderful, and I think it works with husbands and other family members too...and so I will share.

Be Your Child's Cheer Section
from Working Mother Magazine, Dec/Jan 2012

1. Show How
    Model behavior you wish to see in your kids. Lead by example, be honest, and treat them with respect.

2. Give Kisses
    Show children unconditional love. I kiss my sons on the forehead and tell them Mommy and Daddy love them all the time.

3. Listen Up
    Evenings are my favorite time to truly pay attention to my kids. It's a time when we're relaxed and ready for conversation.

4. Encourage
    Help your child become good at something and then take pride in his/her ability. That confidence goes a long way.



Don't be such a Scrooge this Christmas and be more Christ-like!
Give love and you will get love back ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment