Wednesday, June 22, 2011

unexpected lessons from a wedding

my baby sister got married last weekend...sniff, sniff...

i expected the weekend to be busy, sleepless, emotional, full of good food, and to have to smile my face off. it was all of those things (and more)...

what i didn't expect of my sister's wedding weekend was to learn some new stuff. stuff like...

the correct pronunciation of the word "cognac"...kind of a surprising thing to learn at a safe & sober wedding, but that's what i get for having a sister with an english degree.

my grandma's plan to hitchhike back to the hotel...minus the thumb, add some leg, haha!

ibc root beer from the fountain is just as perfect as ibc root beer from a dark glass bottle.

gps is a joke. for reals, i prefer to get directions the old fashioned way...much faster, less
stressful.

when put on the spot, my kids can behave just fine in a fancy italian restaurant.

apparently, cloning is totally possible and totally real.

always check your order at mcdonald's. failure to do so results in a hungry group of kids and babysitters.



and one more thing...my family has grown so fast!



3 comments:

  1. Great blog Amy, yes they have grown so fast, ten years and look at you know I know one mama that is extremly proud of you all looking in on you everyday. ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it about the cloning! Who knew?! Life lessons indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I missed much of this, for obvious reasons :) Tell me the stories!

    ReplyDelete