Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Just some thoughts

I watched Oprah today. I mean I record it everyday, but today was a part II to yesterdays show and I purposefully sat down and watched it today @ a little after 4. It was an extended interview with James Frey. You may remember all of the crazy that came out when he wrote a book called A Million Little Pieces. Oprah made it her book club selection and then come to find out it wasn't a memoir and everything just exploded from there. I don't think his initial intent was to harm or deceive anyone. I think it just happened and before he could stop it, it was outta control. However, regardless of all that mess it was what happened during the interview this time that really got me teary eyed.

Oprah seemed so humbled and Mr. Frey also. It was a situation where you could see pure forgiveness on both parts unfolding before your eyes. Have you ever seen or maybe been in a situation like that? I mean to give forgiveness and to receive it in the same moment? It was beautiful.

It made me of course think about life...in general how we treat others, respect, love etc...it made me want to be better, to have more compassion...it made me realize there is always more to the story and more to a person than I might initially see. One person may struggle with something that just comes naturally to me and that's ok. I can still love and accept them without understanding fully. It doesn't mean being blind or acting as though you are ignorant to those issues. It just means, for me, letting a person be... and allowing them to discover themselves at their own pace. I could let go of expectations and enjoy them more for who they are and not what I think they should be.

Simple thoughts really, but I guess if I allow myself to live by them I'd be so much better of a daughter, friend, sister, wife and mom.

4 comments:

  1. Very well said, Sunny. I enjoyed your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a thought...IT'S TUESDAY??? HOW DID I FORGET THIS?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the thoughts. We started out today pretty crank-tastic (when Momma and all the kids are sick, I hardly expected less), but I think this might help me turn it around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great thoughts. someone once told me that the only way to make it through motherhood(or anything really) was to pray to the Father and ask for forgiveness each night. it's the only way.

    ReplyDelete