Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A *homemade* Fall Bouquet

So, I have been looking through a lot of Martha Stewart Magazines and I keep seeing these awesome flower arrangements with the vase filled with apples, leaves, pine cones etc...

                      with apples                                 or heart candies (one for every occasion)

BUT...I don't have the money to buy a bunch of apples or other products to fill a vase, plus, I don't want to deal with the mess factor.

SO, I came up with a good solution! Use scrapbook paper!!
There are tons of realistic scrapbook papers out there with all kinds of items. And best of all they have one for every season and occasion for under $1.

Here is the tutorial for my version that is budget & time friendly:

First Collect: Your print of scrapbook paper
(approx. 1-2 sheets depending on the size of the vase)

A vase that you like
(I thought it would be easier to work with a more square shape than round)

Flowers that will fill your vase and hang over the top edge slightly

and scissors & scotch tape


Second: Cut the paper into two pieces that will wrap around the inside of your vase
(this makes it easier to make is fit more snug)


Third: Trim off the excess from the top of the vase


Fourth: Tape the two pieces to each other...
(make sure to overlap the print close to a corner or the "back" of the vase)
...then to the top of the vase to secure it.
(don't let the tape overlap too much on the outside of the vase,
but most of it will be covered by your flowers so don't panic)


Fifth and Final: Place your flowers inside the vase making sure that they sit low enough to hang over the top making the arrangement look full and beautiful!
Then, step back and look at your beautiful creation. :)


I am excited to switch out the paper for other holidays! I got more color neutral flowers so that they can carry me through more seasons.

I wanted to know how much this would all cost so here is my breakdown:
Vase: $7 (on sale at Hobby Lobby)
Paper: $1.18 (2 sheets at Hobby Lobby)
Flowers: $10 (I got 2 prearranged flower bunches on sale at Hobby Lobby)
---------------------------------
total: $18.18

For my next one I will only have to spend the $1.18 on paper since I have the flowers & vase!


You can just call me Charlotte Stewart now!

No comments:

Post a Comment