Saturday, January 7, 2012

...new year resolutions...

Yes!  Yes, I am alive!
And I even remembered my login information!
Living with internet only on my phone doesn't equal easy blogging...
Sweet is a laptop...

Anyways... I've actually put a bunch of thought into this year's resolutions!
Like seriously.
This time next year, I don't want to be the same person I was this time last year...
I want to be happier, healthier, and well...happier!
Who doesn't want those things right?!

Then I got to thinking...
"Oh, I'm gonna lose like tons of weight!  And have perfect skin!  And have a perfect house like 24/7!  And I'm gonna have perfect kids!"

So basically I want my life to look like this:




Then I got to thinking...
some more...
"I can't compare to the women now-a-days!  My house can't compare to the houses now-a-days!  I can't compare to the mothers now-a-days!"
And for a brief moment I was a little depressed...

Round of applause for the devil...
He won that battle...
BUT...

Then I got to thinking...
again...
And I realized that "the women now-a-days" can't compare to this:
If I am good enough to enter those doors, I should be good enough to love myself!  Plus, I've got an eternal bond to my Honeyman that they could never compare to!  ;)

And I also realized that those perfect houses with perfect children can't compare to this:

Or this:
Or this:
Or this:

Maybe my house isn't perfect...
Or maybe I have kids that are absolutely insane...
Or maybe I don't look like a model...
But that's okay...
Because I can get happier with what I have...
We all can...
I can get healthier to live to see my absolutely insane children grow to be absolutely insane adults...
I will do these things this year...
That way, this time next year I won't be who I was this time last year!
I'll be happier and healthier because I know that what I have can't compare to anything else!

So...Happy New Year from our crazy family to yours!!






4 comments:

  1. Awww! I love this! I was just thinking about this the other day...how lucky we are to live where we are and have what we have...maybe the key to happiness isn't having more, but exercising thankfulness for what we do have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this Jaz...for real a little perspective from someone else is always awesome. Motivation I needed. Love u-sunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Such a great way to look at life!!! Thanks, Jazz!

    ReplyDelete